Sunday 22 March 2015

Getting The Results You Want, So That You Can Spend Time On The Things That Matter

I am considering to become a full-time property agent. Due to family commitments, I may not be running for sales aggressively. Are top agencies results-driven, therefore prefer to recruit only like-minded agents? I am considering Propnex, DTZ, Huttons. What are their focus sectors? What are the differences between DTZ and Huttons? Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous - 2015-03-22 01:01:05 - Viewed 77 times

Answers (5)

Mervin Tang
APHO.2041822.V60B
Posted 2015-03-22 23:21:24


Hello!!

Good evening and glad to hear that you are considering a business path in the Real Estate Business.

Personally, I came into the Real Estate Business and Huttons Asia Pte Ltd has been mu one and only agency, I have learnt and grown and built my business here and have not looked beyond this agency to build my business elsewhere.

I will answer your question in the following parts:

On Being Results Driven And Still Being Family Orientated.
- ALL agencies are results driven, what I would also say here is that Huttons works very much like a family. The peer support and team work within the teams is very high. We cheer each other's successes, and encourage each other when the deal does not go through. We are not driven by hard sales targets, but the friendly comradrie of colleagues working together.
- My team has a special segment. I call them the "Tai Tai"s. As lead trainer in my Division, I created a special module for them caller "High Tea Closing". Which really means to close deals over high tea. That said, my Tai Tai team leader averages $100,000 or more a year, she drives a swanky car, drives her kids to and from work, supervises the maid and the children over homework, goes night cycling all over the island, and still performs miracles!!

On Huttons Asia Pte Ltd vs "The Rest"
The difference will not be apparent to the casual observer. The key to understand this is simple, compare the various agencies over time and the differences become clear.

-FIRSTLY, Huttons was a nobody in the real estate world 10 years ago. Today, we are number 3 and growing.
-SECONDLY, Huttons is the market leader in Project Sales, commercial AND residential island wide.

Why is this so?

The answer lies in the work culture. We are effective, and highly trained, such that Huttons agents produce results. Once, I was a GL leading a team in a project that was jointly marketed with another agency. 
One of my noobs asked, "Its so scary, dosen't this mean it will be very competitive?"

My reply was this, "Give me ANY other agency anyday to compete against, just not another Huttons team."

For that project, we outsold the competitors 8:1.

What benefit is this you may ask, well, the answer is simple, being highly effective in deriving results allows you to spend more time on things that matter, vs always being at work. In my case, its taking my kids out on excursion..

What's yours?

I trust this gives you a better insight into your path ahead.

PS. Did I also mention that developer project sales commissions are easily double that of private owners? ;)

Best Regards,

Mervin Tang
Group Director
Division Lead Trainer, Project Sales, International Projects
CEA Reg No. : R030951Z
Huttons Asia Pte Ltd

Mobile: (65) 9184 0208
Website: http://sg-realestate-sg.blogspot.sg/
Sales Enquiry: mervintang.huttons@gmail.com
Career Discussions: http://sg-realestate-sg.blogspot.com/
Testimonials: http://sg-realestate-sg.blogspot.sg/p/testimonials.html
North East Line GTA: http://nelpropertychampions.blogspot.sg/

2 comments:

  1. Investing In a wide array of Properties of Singapore Real Estate and get Singapore Property Listings with Overseas Properties For Sale and do Investment. We create the best opportunities for Singapore Real Estate, Singapore Property Listings, Overseas Properties For Sale, Investment in Singapore Real Estate, Property for Sale/Rent and Singapore properties guide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.
    It really gives me an insight on this topic.
    Opt In Leads

    ReplyDelete

Exclusive Modern Concept 3 and 4 Bedroom Units At The Colonnade @ Grange Road

THE COLONNADE @ 82 Grange Road -         Exclusive mODERN cONCEPT lIVING IN THE HEART OF THE CITY! Renovated bathrooms and kitchens. Exclusi...