Thursday 19 January 2012

To Get From Point "A" to "B", Start by asking where is "A"??

What to look for when joining property agency??

Posted by new agent - Jan 17, 2012 - Viewed 72 times

Hi New Agent!
Welcome to a new an exciting adventure for you in the world of Real Estate.  The question you have posed is a very open one that can be answered in many ways.
At the same time,
"What to look for when joining a property agency"
Is in itself a question that deserves the most contemplation in your real estate career.
Let me start with the basics, if you have followed my previous questions on this, I have always advocated mentor first, agency second. 
For those of you reading this the first time, a simple analogy would be, Bruce Lee, finding IP Man.  Did it matter that IP Man was a practitioner of Wing Chun?  Bruce Lee excelled under IP Man's mentorship, and subsequently invented his own style.  But first and foremost, he learnt Wing Chun from IP Man.
For New Agent, my value to you on this question would be for you to consider "yourself" in this equation.  As a mentor, our role is to get our associates from where they are "A" (Where they are currently), to "B" (Where they want to be).  Thus far, no one has pointed out that defining the start point is critical in any journey.
In my interviews with numerous new real estate salespersons, I have never encountered a new associate who has been very clear and open about their starting point.
For example, things that your prospective mentor needs to be aware of are:
1.  My experience so far in life is _____.
2.  My strengths that I believe will help me are ______.
3.  My weakness (Be truthful) are _______.
4.  My fears of joining this line are _______.
5.  I have taken this long to join this industry are ________.
6.  My level of determination  to succeed in this are _______.
7.  My past successes are ______.
8.  My past successes are ______.
9.  What success in this business to me is ______.
10. What does getting this success really means to me?
Thus far many "would be agents" have asked about what to look out for when joining agencies, today I propose to all the new agents out there, that knowing yourself is the key in this equation. 
THEN AND ONLY THEN will you know the right mentor when you meet him or her.
A famous saying of Sun Tzu:
"Know yourself, know your opponent, fight and win a hundred battles"
At the end of the day, the only one who stands in the way of your success is yourself.
As history goes, before Bruce Lee, there was IP Man.
Hope this short conversation has added some value to your direction.

Best Regards,

Mervin Tang
Marketing Manager
CEA Reg No. : R030951Z
Huttons Asia Pte Ltd
Mobile: (65) 9184 0208
Discussions: http://sg-realestate-sg.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exclusive Modern Concept 3 and 4 Bedroom Units At The Colonnade @ Grange Road

THE COLONNADE @ 82 Grange Road -         Exclusive mODERN cONCEPT lIVING IN THE HEART OF THE CITY! Renovated bathrooms and kitchens. Exclusi...