Monday 20 February 2012

An Express Train To Success!!

Dear all mentor of property agents. I have been doing part time in real property for half year in rentals and stopped due to my committed full time career. But now I am totally free to become a full time property agent. I would like to see myself as a long term career for me. I have lots of passion of how to start a transaction and closing a transaction. It really a form of achievement and satisfaction. However my concern here is I dun get a full 1 to 1 coaching and mentoring since when i started alone the last time. What I am facing is I do not have enough guidance and mentor ship of becoming a successful property agent. What I am really looking forward to find a mentor who can guide and coach me with step by step coaching to establish in my real estate career.I have been pondering and the right mentor who I can gain experience and perseverance to succeed. Hope I can find the right mentor to look up as a role figure and impartial the skill sets to me with respect.



Posted by Carine Han - Feb 10, 2012 -Viewed 838 times


Hello Carine,

Thank you for your query that you have put forward.

The concern that you have is a highly valid one that is shared by many new and would-be incoming associates.

Looking back on my own journey in this industry, I have also watched the struggles of my peers, some are lucky to have made it. True having a good mentor is vital as I had when I first started, and now as a team leader, I find myself pondering what I can do for the next generation of new associates to maximise their chances of success.

In pondering this reply, I am crystalising my plans within the division for crafting a career path for all our new associates.

Firstly, of course there is good mentorship. If you have followed the threads that I have posted, I often liken mentorship to being first and foremost the key to success.

A step up from this is having a few mentors!

A vision that I have together with the rest of my division leaders is that ALL leaders are now accessible to ALL associates within the division. What this means that as long as you step into a showflat with a familiar team leader, you are in friendly territory!

Secondly, peer support. We have recruited and grouped our new associates into cadres, who operate together in unison with each other within their own districts to cover and support each other in the event that they cannot make appointments. Furthermore, seeing success bloom in a fellow newbie, provides a powerful inspiration that you too can do it!

Thirdly, training, training and more training.
There is no such thing as having too much training. In this case, the only concern is in the quality of the trainers. In our team, all our team leaders are in the top 10% of the company, 2 are champions in resale, 2 are champions in new project launches. Each has his/her own value contribution, and the only concern would be that there are only 24hours in a day, and there is no way to learn everything that these mentors have.

Fourth, divide and conquer.
Syndicates are powerful in their own right. This a recent start up that we have put forward for our division. The essence of it is that no newbie will ever walk alone, but with the full might of the whole division backing them up!

There are lots more to say and again yet so little time. Each mentor gets back in equal measure the value that he imparts. Regardless of which path you take in your journey, thank you in advance for being a part of mine!

Good luck!

Best Regards,

Mervin Tang

Marketing Manager

CEA Reg No. : R030951Z
Huttons Asia Pte Ltd

Mobile: (65) 9184 0208
Website: http://www.SGrealestate.sg
Sales Enquiry: mervintang@SGrealestate.sg
Discussions: http://sg-realestate-sg.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exclusive Modern Concept 3 and 4 Bedroom Units At The Colonnade @ Grange Road

THE COLONNADE @ 82 Grange Road -         Exclusive mODERN cONCEPT lIVING IN THE HEART OF THE CITY! Renovated bathrooms and kitchens. Exclusi...