Monday 20 February 2012

The "Part Time" VS "Full Time" Debate..

Home > Questions & Answers > Question Details

Hi, After pass RES exam and join a company I notice that being a partime salesperson does not have advantage over time full time salesperson. As part-time salesperson. 1) Seller or buyer may feel that the salesperson are not "fully Committed" which mean not capable to bring in good buyer and therefore, chances of getting a listing is very slim. :( 2) Agency may not really tell you much. The reason is "part-time salesperson" may not bring in sales. I think, they prefer "full-time" then part time. Maybe they whole the salesperson can be from part time convert to full time salesperson. 3) Being partime will only have one advantage . That is we can have over "Full time " pay. That all. Can anyone share your view. THanks. Regards

Posted by Johnny - Feb 19, 2012 -Viewed 58 times

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for your query on "Part-Timers VS Full-Timers"

Firstly, within real estate agencies, ALL associates should have equal access and opportunities to all information that pertains to real estate work.

Secondly, the transition of "Part-Timer" to "Full-Timer" is part of a natural progression that occurs when you hit your success milestones.

Let me explain,
I myself started in this industry as a "Part-Timer".  Like yourself, I was skeptical on the chances of success in this totally new industry.  I was starting raw, with no warm market leads at all in the New Launch Projects domain.

On my 3rd day of "Part Time" work, I closed my first deal with my mentor's and team's assistance that was worth $26k.  At the end of that week, I closed another deal worth $10k.  Looking at those 2 deals, I had made 50% of my then current income in 2 weeks, that I usually take 26 weeks of full time work.
The numbers do not lie, and it really was a no-brainer to make the switch into the industry as a "full-timer".

However, having said that, I would never have achieved such a radical quick success on my own.  There were dedicated mentors, and a fierce and supportive team culture working behind the scenes that make newbies feel like tigers.

Hence I'll leave you to ponder 3 aspects:
1.  Mentor
With the right guidance, the world is your oyster.
2.  Team Culture
A supportive network of peers who are like-minded in your pursuit of success is vital to keep you going when times are tough.
3.  Leadership
It is more powerful to lead a charge from the front, than to keep shouting it from the rear.

Hope this combines to help you out in your considerations between "Part-Time" vs "Full-Time".

Best Regards,
Mervin Tang
Marketing Manager

CEA Reg No. : R030951Z
Huttons Asia Pte Ltd
Mobile: (65) 9184 0208
Website: http://www.SGrealestate.sg
Sales Enquiry: mervintang@SGrealestate.sg
Discussions: http://sg-realestate-sg.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exclusive Modern Concept 3 and 4 Bedroom Units At The Colonnade @ Grange Road

THE COLONNADE @ 82 Grange Road -         Exclusive mODERN cONCEPT lIVING IN THE HEART OF THE CITY! Renovated bathrooms and kitchens. Exclusi...