Monday 10 June 2013

Suggested Questions to Ask During An Interview

Dear Gurus, need advise. I joined an agency XXX. My mentor left me to his upline due to his busy business elsewhere. His upline wanted to share my com because he says that it will be unfair for him to teach me foc, not only his leads but also my own leads as well. I managed to close a deal after months of bringing the client ard, this upline only appear during the final stage.Recently, many people leave the agency including the MD.I am left alone again, and i rec a note saying that in future all D and D will be billed S$200 from us automatically. I already have not much income..:( Can i ask is this what the property market is all about? I am thinking of giving up.

Posted by Mr. james Tan jin - Jun 10, 2013 - Viewed 114 times

Answers (11)

Mervin Tang
79d7532041822_1_V60B
Posted Jun 10, 2013
Hi James,

I hear you on your situation. Your story is not unique in the real estate world. Based on statistics, most of your peers would not close their first deal only after 6 months, and, most of your peers would have left the industry after 1 year.

Hence, at this stage a question that you need to answer for yourself in this case would sound something like this,

"Did you know what you were getting yourself into?"

Meaning, did you have a proper conversation on expectations with your mentor? Or was it more about colorful stories that had you join? And this applies to ALL new and potential new associates entering the industry:

"What made you join this Agency/Leader?"

Some useful questions to ask during your interview would sound like the following:

A) Is there a structured training program provided by the Agency?

B) Are there any hidden joining fees pertaining to (A) above?
(This is important as there are agencies that will place you in heavy debt before you make your first $1.)

C) Will my mentor be responsible for the follow-ups after the training? Who will I turn to for help? How often will I be able to call for help?
(Yes, classroom training can only go so far, when you need assistance, there must be a helpline attended by an expert somewhere)

D) Will my mentor be responsible for my career progression and direct mentorship?
(Please ask this as a direct question)

E) Is there a peer support system in place where I can turn to my colleagues for help?

F) What are the commission sharing schemes? Will there be any hidden ones that I need to know about?

G) What kind of team based activities are there?

H) What is your mentor's success rate with Newbies?

I) What is the team culture when it comes to Success and Newbies?

The above are a non-exhaustive question set that if asked directly and replied to honestly, would surely prevent you from landing in the situation as said above.

As for the DnD direct billing of $200, the situation is a simple one, the DnD committee must seriously reflect if they need to make it compulsory for people to attend. Having said that, find yourself a mentor that takes on an exciting challenge to make you $200,000, and in that same breadth tells you that is no challenge, and not to bother him about how to save $200.

Good luck on your next step!

Best Regards,


Mervin Tang
Group Director
Division Lead Trainer, Project Sales
CEA Reg No. : R030951Z
Huttons Asia Pte Ltd

Mobile: (65) 9184 0208
Website: http://www.SGrealestate.sg
Sales Enquiry: mervintang@SGrealestate.sg
Discussions: http://sg-realestate-sg.blogspot.com/

http://www.lafiesta-sengkang.sg/
http://www.qbay-residences.org/
http://www.sennette-residences.org/
http://www.thetembususg.com
http://www.jewelbuangkokcondosg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exclusive Modern Concept 3 and 4 Bedroom Units At The Colonnade @ Grange Road

THE COLONNADE @ 82 Grange Road -         Exclusive mODERN cONCEPT lIVING IN THE HEART OF THE CITY! Renovated bathrooms and kitchens. Exclusi...