Sunday 24 March 2013

Growing A Career In a Culture of Excellence - Correspondence with My Personal Team


Dear All,

As the dust settles after another map day, just something to share about my first months in this business, and the beautiful mad-house called Huttons.

As most of you know, prior to Sept, I have never been in a core team before. When I first joined, the only life I knew in projects was about running from project to project to project to project to project and so on.  

To me, this was NORMAL.
We worked 9am-9pm daily, everyday
To me, this life was NORMAL.
There was no such thing as "off day", or "lunch break", and again, to me this was NORMAL.

Only much later on where I was in resale where  I watched OTHER agency agents take 3 months to sell one house. Did I realise what I had gone through in HUTTONS was ABNORMAL..

Surviving what I have described above, to me was a non issue for the simple reason was that ALL my peers fought the good fight everyday together irregardless of moral, or even the result. We did this because we all thought we were NORMAL.

Today, some of you work in environments where you by now have realised we are ABNORMAL. And that this punishing and rigorous training scheme is truly truly truly ABNORMAL.
Hence you will be faced with a struggle that I had the fortune not to have had.
Which at this point, I leave you all with a choice:
A) do what is "NORMAL", and then turn out, well... "NORMAL".
Or
B) Do what is "ABNORMAL", and then learn to be something truly "ABNORMAL". 

But be fair warned that to fight for so great a prize WILL come at potentially a great cost.
In this contest of your struggle you will find your true self.
The end prize is to be trained in the exact same path I was trained during my first 6 months.

Were there casualties? - Yes there were.
Why were there casualties? - They quit.

I have said to some of you this, I will say it again, even if you quit, I will not let you fall. If it means dragging you kicking and screaming across the finish line, I will.

The prize: as some of you might have known what I did after KR preview; I brought a buyer into another agency's Showflat, that I have never seen before, and I OWNED it. 3 hours later, case closed, presented by yours truly.

Hence, in life there really is always a choice.
"Grow, or don't grow", make your decision ...

Good night!


Best Regards,
 
Mervin Tang
Senior Marketing Manager
Division Lead Trainer, Project Sales
CEA Reg No. : R030951Z
Huttons Asia Pte Ltd

Mobile: (65) 9184 0208 
Website: http://www.SGrealestate.sg
Sales Enquiry: mervintang@SGrealestate.sg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Exclusive Modern Concept 3 and 4 Bedroom Units At The Colonnade @ Grange Road

THE COLONNADE @ 82 Grange Road -         Exclusive mODERN cONCEPT lIVING IN THE HEART OF THE CITY! Renovated bathrooms and kitchens. Exclusi...